Monday, October 13, 2014

What did I do? - Google search

Sometimes you might think that it would be valuable to validate your findings and establish a base for your opinion.  There are many analysis of user actions without validating against actual user actions, so here we go.  I will give you specific scenarios with screenshot of relevant evidence data here on this blog, but you will also be able to watch a video of the actual actions I perform that generated the relevant data.  Depending on the activity type, I can even provide the relevant evidence specific artifact if needed.  All times displayed on the video will be Central Time with the actual daylight offset applied.

So, what was I doing last night?  Create your theory and sequence of events that I have performed.  Then, look at the video to find out if you were correct with your analysis.  Pay attention to sequence of events and the timeline of actions performed.  Don't forget to predict how many times I have visited each websites and what links I have clicked.  Look at the URL bar to find patterns for each actions and compare them to the report to see any discrepancy.


DO NOT CHEAT, WATCH THE VIDEO AFTER YOUR THOROUGH ANALYSIS!!!

File to be analyzed if you want to confirm these findings by manual analysis or use
C:\Users\<UID>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\History

System setup:
Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i7
16GB RAM
64 bit OS

Google Chrome - Version 35.0.1916.153 m
ChromeHistoryView v1.17 - http://www.nirsoft.net/



Let me know how accurate you were in your prediction!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment